From discovery to commercialization
We are ambitious about milk-derived ingredients that promote nutrition.
Fortunately, these raw materials are naturally rich in proteins, lipids, oligosaccharides, minerals and vitamins, so they have enormous application potential in a wide variety of food categories.
Arla Foods Ingredients' nutrition science capabilities and guidelines are based on a long-term research and development strategy based on the potential of our raw materials, global nutrition trends and health challenges.
Broadly speaking, our current strategy focuses on the following:
- Allergy control and prevention
- Cognitive development and performance
- Gastrointestinal health and diseases
- Programming and healthy growth
- Immune health
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Muscle atrophy and bone health
- Metabolic health and diabetes
- Sports performance and exercise
Our nutritional science activities span all stages of our value chain, from discovery to development and commercialization.
Value delivered with nutrition science
Over the years, we have discovered and provided many valuable food ingredients that provide benefits to a wide variety of consumers with different needs, from baby nutrition to complex medical challenges, to providing healthy, indulgent foods and beverages that can improve people's quality of life.
- Brain development in babies
- Older adults at risk of bone and muscle loss
- Increased endurance performance in sports activities
- Managing allergies in babies
- Patients with requirements for specially formulated diets
- Indulgent protein-enriched dairy for health-conscious consumers
- Promoting the maturation of the immune system in babies
- Patients with type 2 diabetes